PLANNING ACCESSIBLE PRESENTATIONS AND WEBINARS
When you are planning a Webinar you must ensure that the content will be accessible to individuals with disabilities, including those with hearing, visual, cognitive or motor disabilities.
Some of the basic questions you need to ask yourself when planning a Presentation or Webinar are:
- Do I need to provide a sign-language interpreter?
- Does the Webinar platform I am using enable me to provide Real-Time Captioning (CART)?
- Are my slides accessible and available to persons using Screen Readers?
- Is my audio system adequate for my audience?
Here are some Web resources that will help you appropriately plan for an accessible Presentation or Webinar.
- Planning Accessible Public Meetings
- Seven Steps to An Accessible PowerPoint Slideshow (PDF)
- How to make presentations accessible to all
- Webcasts and Web Conferencing
- Accessible Considerations