Section 508 Scoping Requirements For Electronic Content
Section 508 Chapter 2: Scoping Requirements
The following provides the Section 508 requirements for Electronic Content found in Chapter 2 of the Scoping Requirements.
E205 Electronic Content
Electronic content shall comply with E205.
E205.2 Public Facing.
Electronic content that is public facing shall conform to the accessibility requirements specified in E205.4.
E205.3 Agency Official Communication.
Electronic content that is not public facing shall conform to the accessibility requirements specified in E205.4 when such content constitutes official business and is communicated by an agency through one or more of the following:
- An emergency notification;
- An initial or final decision adjudicating an administrative claim or proceeding;
- An internal or external program or policy announcement;
- A notice of benefits, program eligibility, employment opportunity, or personnel action;
- A formal acknowledgement of receipt;
- A survey questionnaire;
- A template or form;
- Educational or training materials; or
- Intranet content designed as a Web page.
E205.4 Accessibility Standard.
Electronic content shall conform to Level A and Level AA Success Criteria and Conformance Requirements in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (incorporated by reference, see 702.10.1).