The Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) benefits from advice on policy and program development from several statutorily-created bodies, including:
- Assistive Technology Advisory Committee
- Blind Advisory Committee
- California Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
- California Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Board
- California Vendors Policy Committee
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Advisory Committee
- Disability Advisory Committee
- State Rehabilitation Council
DOR values the feedback and perspectives of all of these bodies. Click the links below for more information on each advisory body.
All of DOR’s advisory bodies are governed by the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act. The Act seeks to ensure that the actions and deliberations of public agencies are conducted openly, so that the public may remain informed. In general, the Act requires state bodies to publicly notice their meetings, prepare agendas, accept public testimony, and conduct their meetings in public unless specifically authorized by the Act to meet in closed session.